Thursday, January 21, 2010

Requiescat in Pace, Kate McGarrigle

Kate McGarrigle, a Canadian folksinger whose sister's lyrics inspired the title of this blog, was lost to cancer earlier this week. In addition to her own fine career (bilingual even) and work with her sister, she gave the music world two blessed and talented children, Rufus Wainwright and Martha Wainwright. Her legacy lives through her music, her children and her philanthropy in the form of a trust at Montreal's McGill University Health Center, where she had been treated for clear cell sarcoma since 2006.

Rest, Kate. Thank you for the beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I came over from OCICBW where I clicked on the link when I noticed the name Kate McGarrigle. I'm a huge fan of the McGarrigles and Rufus Wainwright and I'm very saddened to hear of her passing.

    I always loved the French songs...

    ReplyDelete